- Understand and uphold company core values.
- Purchase products from approved vendors.
- Review product/quantity requisitions, delivery location and required date.
- Verify and negotiate product cost.
- Coordinate and negotiate shipping costs and delivery dates.
- Coordinate logistical requirements utilizing company drivers/equipment and/or commercial carriers.
- Initiate corrective action with vendors for problem deliveries or unacceptable materials.
- Manage dead/slow inventories.
- Observe, follow and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with minimum of 2 years related work experience, or a minimum of 5 years strong work experience.
- The ability and willingness to aggressively learn, take the extra step, and consistently demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
- Possess a high level of skill with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Access desired.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Possess a working knowledge of inventory control.